We recently finished working with our friend Ashley on a project for her work. After the videos were delivered and her presentation went smoothly, we passed on an invoice. I received an email back from Ashley:
“I think I already know the answer to this but…do you accept credit cards?”
As a matter of fact, yes we do! Way CREATiVE can now accept payments via credit card through Square. We can take your payment in person or enter your card manually. Small fees apply – 2.75% for a swipe and 3.5% for a manual entry. Totally worth it though, for the convenience for everyone!
|Square card reader|
There are other apps like this, but we use Square. We’ve had a great experience with them so far. Here are the top 5 reasons I’m digging Square:
1. Obviously, my number one reason for loving Square is the convenience. For everyone. Seriously.
2. Customers can receive a receipt immediately via text or email.
3. It works with Android or iPhone (we’re Team Android, but always appreciate compatibility) and all major credit cards.
4. Square will reimburse you the $10 cost for their card reader or just send you a free one when you sign up. I do know someone who has successfully received their reimbursement. We have not claimed our rebate yet, so I’ll let you know how that goes.
5. Square deposits payments into your account almost immediately. This feature is aimed more at the business owner, but think about it: as a consumer, who really wants pending transactions hanging around their checking account? Can you say overdraft fees? No. thank. you.
I am a new user to Square and still have a couple kinks to work out, so this is by no means a comprehensive review; but mobile payment is really the Way of the future. Although I have only used the app to accept a payment once, I have paid for haircuts and lunches through the Square app and truly appreciated the ease of it all from a customer’s perspective.
If you are a small business owner, I recommend this product and app! It’s so easy and there are so many options – it just makes sense.
Have you used Square or other mobile card readers? Connect with us and tell us what you think!
Disclaimer: The opinions and views in this blog are those of the writer, who was not solicited or paid in any way to write this review.